Adsterra Networ

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Nicki Minaj Becomes First Rapper To Cover Marie Claire August 2013: Talks ‘American Idol’, Motherhood And Epiphany On Tour


Back in 2009, Nicki Minaj said in an interview that her passion lies with acting and that she hopes to one day be able to balance a career in both rap and acting.  It looks as though her dreams have somewhat come true after she snagged a huge movie role alongside Cameron Diaz in an upcoming film titled, ‘The Other Woman,’ with even more roles to come.

She’s also making huge waves this month as the first female rapper to ever cover Marie Claire.  Inside, she dishes on her desire to completely crossover into acting [i.e. Queen Latifah], as well as how she has begun preparing herself to become a great mom.  She also revealed a life-changing epiphany she had during a tour stop in Australia and how the public’s perception of her may have changed during her stint as a judge on American Idol.

Catch the highlights and more pics below:
On having an epiphany during a tour stop in Australia
For the first time, I allowed myself to feel proud of where music had gotten me, and I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude. You feel the need to pay it forward, which starts with analyzing yourself with a true desire to grow. I was praying every day, ‘You know what, Lord? I want to be a mom one day, and I want to start becoming the woman who I want to parent my child.’ I wanted all of the feelings of entitlement to leave me, because some people have this life for a year or five or 10 — and a lot of them lose it. I didn’t want to become a person who wasn’t enjoying the moment.
On her stint as a judge on American Idol
The perception that people had of me completely changed because there are no cue cards, there’s no script, it wasn’t me performing a song. It was, ‘Let’s see your real personality. My core is a genuine human being who roots for other people. I didn’t want to blow smoke up their ass. I wanted every contestant to leave with something that they could remember.
On crossing over into acting
If I can do [make three more albums], I’ll feel complete.  One day, when I start getting a couple gray hairs, maybe it will all be only acting. I just never know. . . I’ve kind of become the poster child for doing the things that no one expects.
On wanting to be a lawyer before she became a rapper
I just loved the thought of going into a courtroom with mostly men and defending someone — just being able to persuade people with your words. It seems glamorous in a way. Very inspiring and ballsy.
Her advice to women and young teenage girls
Don’t chase any man. Put your school first. Men love independent women. You don’t have to be a b-tch, but there’s nothing wrong with it at times. And: Men are kids at heart. They want to be nourished and pet like a dog

No comments:

Post a Comment