Adsterra Networ

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Kanye West Talks Being A God & Love For Kim Kardashian, Has Awkward Exchange With Kris Jenner

My ego is my drug. My drug is, ‘I’m better than all you other motherf-ckers. Kiss my a$$!’ 
Yes, Kanye West said that… and you will deal!
Daddy Yeezus is back with another interesting interview after the release of his new album Yeezus, which features the controversial tracks “New Slaves,” “Black Skinhead” and “I Am A God.”   In the second interview he’s granted to promote the new LP, he chats with W Magazine about a variety of topics, including the inspiration behind the “God” track, some sex tape he’s never released, and his love for Kim Kardashian being more important than any branding.
In the feature, the journalist who visited Kanye’s home also detailed an awkward moment that happened between Kim Kardashian’s mom Kris Jenner and Kanye after he attempted to play her a song he had wrote for Kim titled, “Awesome.”
Catch a few excerpts below:
On how being denied from a fashion show inspired ‘I Am A God’
So the next day I went to the studio with Daft Punk, and I wrote ‘I Am a God!’ Cause it’s like, Yo! Nobody can tell me where I can and can’t go. Man, I’m the No. 1 living and breathing rock star. I am Axl Rose; I am Jim Morrison; I am Jimi Hendrix. You can’t say that you love music and then say that Kanye West can’t come to your show! To even think they could tell me where I could and couldn’t go is just ludicrous. It’s blasphemous—to rock ’n’ roll, and to music. How can someone stop my opportunity to see something that he can teach me, that I can help teach the world?”
I made that song because I am a god,” he says finally. He laughs for a second, then stops. “I don’t think there’s much more explanation. I’m not going to sit here and defend s–t. That s–t is rock ’n’ roll, man. That s–t is rap music. I am a god. Now what?
On saying the wrong things
God’s little practical joke on me—as an intellect who doesn’t like to read a lot—is like, I’ll say some superphilosophical sh-t, but I’ll say it the wrong way. I’ll use the wrong word, so it goes from being really special to completely retarded.
On his ego
On one end, I try to scale it back. Because I don’t want to close any of the doors needed to create the best product possible. But my ego is my drug. My drug is, ‘I’m better than all you other motherf-ckers. Kiss my a$$!’
On His Decision To Appear On “Keeping Up With the Kardashians”
Oh, that’s just all for love. It’s simply that. At a certain point, or always, love is more important than any branding, or any set of cool people, or attempting to impress anyone. Because true love is just the way you feel. Some intellectual ambivalence clearly remains, however. “Thoughts and feelings can disagree sometimes.
On People Saying He Masterminded Kim’s Makeover
Nobody can tell my girl what to do. She just needed to be given some platforms of information to work from. One beautiful thing is that as she discovers it, the world discovers it. For her to take that risk in front of the world, it just shows you how much she loves me. And how much she actually loves the opportunity to learn. You got, like, a million companies saying, ‘This is impacting your brand! This is impacting your fans! And blah blah blah.’ But she still sees this light of beauty.
Meanwhile, there is definitely some tension brewing between Kanye and Make-That-Money Kris Jenner. According to W’s editor Christopher Bagley:
One night when I’m scheduled to meet West at his apartment around 10 p.m., I walk in to find some Kardashians in the house Kim has just headed back to Los Angeles after one of her brief Paris visits, but her brother, Rob, is sprawled on West’s gigantic Living Divani sofa with his girlfriend, the English model Naza Jafarian. They both offer friendly handshakes, then return to their smartphones. Next, Kim’s mother, Kris Jenner, drops by and looks around the apartment, which she’s seeing for the first time.
The famous momager, who is expected to publicize her daughter’s first-born on her new talk show, made several efforts to compliment the rapper, but her advances backfired.
This is amazing!’ she says as West shows her some of his favorite objects, including a new set of ceramic cups by Frances Palmer. Jenner’s rapport with West evinces equal parts jokey affection and in-law awkwardness. He plays her some of his unfinished songs, including ‘Awesome,’ which is clearly about Kim. When she exclaims, ‘Great job!’ West doesn’t find it as flattering as Jenner evidently intended.
“He raises his eyebrows. ‘Great job?’ he says and sets off on a comic riff that cracks up everyone in the room. Toasting with his champagne glass, he says, ‘Great job, Baccarat, for making a glass that can hold liquid!’ He looks down at his waist. ‘Great job, belt loops, for keeping my pants up!’ Jenner laughs off the mockery but soon is ready to leave. Hugging West goodbye, she tells him, ‘I love you. You know where to find us, at the George V. Call us tomorrow, if you want.’ It seems apparent to everyone, including Jenner, that West will not call.
Ouch!

Kanye must be putting his foot down around the Kardashian house. We all know those baby photos would have been sold to the highest bidder by now and on the front page of a tabloid.

Read more quotes from Kanye over at W Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment