Adsterra Networ

Monday 10 June 2013

Keri Hilson Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors & Addresses Hiatus From Music

  
 
Will we ever get a new album from Miss Keri Baby?
 
She says, ‘Yes’ but she’s enjoying life right now, which is evident by the pics of her and her boo, Oklahoma Thunder baller Serge Ibaka.
This past weekend, she addressed her two year hiatus from music, which she referred to as the elephant in the room:
Gotta say, #KeriKrew has been so LOYAL!! Thank you! I’ve hidden so many details of my life from public view, so I know there’s confusion…

But plz know that although you may not understand my leave of absence (yes it was my decision), I’ve cherished your love & support!!
That elephant got too big to keep ignoring. But wait, it’s still there. Just smaller now.

She also added later:

Take a moment to think about the things you find yourself putting before God. Is it money? Your relationship? Success? Pleasure? Your image?

This morning, the rumor mill was buzzing that she was quitting music and could possibly be pregnant which she quickly shot down:

I get how you could THINK you found clues to that conclusion you conjured…but I’m NOT pregnant. Those “clues” are unrelated & exaggerated.
I’m not TAKING a leave of absence, I TOOK a leave of absence. Decided to finally let my fans know that I did indeed step away for a while…
Thought addressing that would help CLEAR some confusion but it created more o_O And you wonder why I choose to be quiet/private these days! I was simply showing appreciation 4 fans who stayed down during a hiatus that I never addressed.

It’s crazy that we are in a day and age where artists feel as though they have to constantly put out music and mixtapes every 6 months to a year, and when an artist does take some time between projects, everyone is asking, “What’s going on??”
In comparison, Adele takes atleast three years off between each album to live her life so that she can have something to write about. To put it in perspective, she said:

I am f-cking off for four or five years. If I am constantly working, my relationships fail. So at least now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy. And then I don’t know what I’ll do. Get married. Have some kids. Plant a nice vegetable patch.
I’m in it for the long run. I don’t want to be disposable. You’re only as good as your next record. I’m not scared of losing this. I won’t come out with new music until it’s better than 21. I’m not expecting to sell as many records, but I don’t want to release sh-t. Also, I have nothing to write about! So, yeah, I will need at least three years to write a record.

Adele has gotten engaged and had a baby during her time off. It’s working out pretty well for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment