Adsterra Networ

Monday 10 June 2013

Serena Williams Celebrates French Open Win With Her Sisters, Accepts Trophy In French

Who Gon’ Stop Serena Williams?? She’s slaying the tennis game.
 
This past weekend, she was spotted posted up with her sisters Lyndrea and Isha Price, and her mother Oracene, after winning the French Open title against frequent opponent Maria Sharapova in a 6-4, 6-4 victory. It is the first time Serena has won the French Open in 11 years, with the first win against her sister Venus Williams in the 2002 championship.
Serena now leads all active women in tennis with 16 Grand Slam titles and is sixth on the all-time list. During the trophy ceremony yesterday, she put the icing on the cake by speaking entirely in French as she talked about her win.

I had a dream when I was 10 years old that I would win the title here and talk to the crowd in French.
I love Paris. I spend a lot of time here. I live here. I practice here. I think I am a Parisian.


Afterward, during the press conference, Serena was questioned about her age (She’s the oldest woman to win the French Open title), and if she wishes to retire at her peak, and she responded:

Age is a number at this point. I’ve never felt so fit. I feel great, I look great. I’m 31 and I don’t feel it at all. Maybe it’s something in the water in America.
           
 I definitely … want to go out on my peak. That’s my goal …But have I peaked yet?


A few years ago, Serena suffered an ankle injury that threatened her career but she definitely came back stronger and better than ever.

 Catch a few more pics plus footage of Serena accepting the trophy in French below:





No comments:

Post a Comment