Adsterra Networ

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Kevin Durant Signs With Jay-Z’s Roc Nation Sports, Talks Baptism

Is Jay-Z about to monopolize the sports agency game?

He’s snatching up your favorite athletes left and right, and his newest addition to the Roc Nation Sports roster is three-time NBA All-star Kevin Durant.
Today, the Oklahoma City Thunder forward posted an Instagram photo of himself standing next to Jay-Z and his pastor Carl Lentz of Hillsong Church NYC, after announcing that he inked a deal with Jay and the Roc crew. He also posted another photo of the exact moment Jay was signing the official paperwork with the hashtag “#NEWRULES” and quotes that read:
“Grateful for this opportunity with Roc Nation Sports. It’s go time.”
-Kevin Durant

“He has 90.5 free throw shooting rate, the youngest player in the NBA to join the 50-40-90 club, a giving individual and a legend in the making. What more can I say?”
-Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter
Kevin is now a part of the La Familia.
Forbes reports that this deal is a joint venture with Creative Arts Agency who will handle all the team contract negotiations while Roc Nation Sports will be in charge of Kevin’s off court business, such as endorsement deals, television appearances and so forth.
It’s the Roc in here!

Before he signed his deal, Kevin Durant was recently baptized in a pool of water at the Hillsong Church. This Sunday, he visited the church to talk about his decision to go through with the baptism with Pastor Carl Lentz, as well as why he chose that particular church.
He said:
When I came out of the water, I just felt different. Basketball is so important to me and I carry that emotion with me all of the time and before that I would be so mad at the smallest things. My coaches, my teammates, my fans. After that, I was just so positive. Showing God his grace…
He also told the congregation that he always wanting to follow Jesus, and that he immediately clicked with the pastor because of the way he dresses.
Now, that’s something you don’t hear an athlete talking about too often. Kudos!

 Watch those videos below:


No comments:

Post a Comment